• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

XBL^2 vs. XBL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking over the site, I see different nomenclature used with different drivers, and some logical disconnects.

The Trio12 for example lists an XBL motor. Most of the time we see XBL^2. And the SDX12 doesn't list any XBL variant.

Are there more than one version of this structure in use? Which drivers are using which versions?

BTW, the Trio8 looks like a spectacular driver.

Looking over the site, I see different nomenclature used with different drivers, and some logical disconnects.

The Trio12 for example lists an XBL motor. Most of the time we see XBL^2. And the SDX12 doesn't list any XBL variant.

Are there more than one version of this structure in use? Which drivers are using which versions?

BTW, the Trio8 looks like a spectacular driver.

Hi,

The original TM was XBL^2 but now it's usually just XBL and this is OK with Dan Wiggins who owns the patent. The SD12 does not have that type of motor but the SDX12 will when it goes into production at the end of the year. All TRIO drivers have it as do the FR/WR drivers and any that have the X in the name.

Bob

The SD12 does not have that type of motor but the SDX12 will when it goes into production at the end of the year.
Interesting. I emailed you guys (sorry I forget exactly who replied) some months ago and asked about an SDX12 and was told there were no plans for one. I'll watch with interest.

EDIT: any price indication? Or preliminary T/S?

Last edited:
Interesting. I emailed you guys (sorry I forget exactly who replied) some months ago and asked about an SDX12 and was told there were no plans for one. I'll watch with interest.

EDIT: any price indication? Or preliminary T/S?

Hi,

We have a prototype but have decided that we will not bring this to market at this time. The next driver should be the TRIO15 or perhaps a budget tweeter.

Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.