Noob speaker build help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Try modeling your enclosure in a program like WinISD or something similar.

The problem is ... how to interpret software plots. What is considered a good plot for a good speaker ?
A straight line ?

Perhaps someone could make a tutorial for it.

I would look at other speaker enclosures which use the same dimensions of drivers and then tweak.

Audiophiles like natural sound. I don't since I was raised in the disco / rock / house era hearing music with a bit of more bass & treble. Some people like bass shaking walls...

Build, Test, Tweak, Build.

That was exactly my predicament when the more experienced and qualified people advised a noob like me to online speaker designing programs.
That's why I settled on my first 2 way build based on an old Eltax 2 way tower speaker that I had which had similar size Peerless drivers. Fortunately,some of the kind souls like jReave and others painstakingly guided me with interpreting the technical jargon in plain easy to understand "English" making my first build a success.🙂

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.