Test device for Sound System-Battery-Pack (LED range)(?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

I have a music-system which can be powered by 230V AC or its internal battery-pack which has an output of 33,6V. There are 4 battery LED's (3x green 1x red).

The LED's are glowing voltage based.

Now I want to build a battery testing system which would measure and record (and display) the ranges for each LED (with an OLED display) but unfortunately I don't know where to start since I'm a trainee. I also want to measure the capacity of the battery.

For example when its full charged all LED's are glowing, when the first green LED stops glowing, the system should record/save its exact voltage and optionally time.

Did someone do such a project before? Maybe with an arduino? I found a couple of arduino tutorials but not exactly what I was looking for and they work with very low voltages.

Or should I build the system with some operation amplifiers (and with arduino)?

I appreciate any kind of suggestion, directions, help and so on..

Thanks in advance,
sG

You can use the arduino's internal ADC without exceeding its voltage specification by using a voltage divider. Use suitable high value resistors so that they don't dissipate too much heat or drain excessive current from the battery.

Keep in mind the internal ADC isn't great, so you'll be getting an estimated battery voltage. An external higher resolution ADC might be a good idea depending on how accurate you want the readings to be.

Edit: you can also add a real-time clock board to record timestamps.

You can use the arduino's internal ADC without exceeding its voltage specification by using a voltage divider. Use suitable high value resistors so that they don't dissipate too much heat or drain excessive current from the battery.

Keep in mind the internal ADC isn't great, so you'll be getting an estimated battery voltage. An external higher resolution ADC might be a good idea depending on how accurate you want the readings to be.

Edit: you can also add a real-time clock board to record timestamps.

thanks alot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.