Baffle cut and driver breathing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The difference will be small with a monitor with presumably not too thick a baffle.
The difference would be greater with a speaker with very thick baffle.
It would also depend how clear the speaker cage is to air flow - eg huge magnet blocking the airflow.
It can't hurt so assuming you have a router why not?
chamfering driver holes

Thank you for the information! I'm realy a noob at reading those graphs but the science sounds good so to speak. It means I will probably need to open these up and file away at the baffle (no removeable baffle :( )

You sound knowledgeable, so forgive me for asking. But with regards to flush mounting, would you say this isn't flush enough?

Attachments

• IMG_20200507_121645.jpg
    IMG_20200507_121645.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 107
You flatter me. I try to apply cynicism & common sense in equal measure.
Do you think you would hear any difference rebating the drivers by 3mm? Highly unlikely.
Would the speakers look like they had been made by a skilled cabinet maker if the drivers were flush fitted? Undoubtedly but only if very accurately done.
Would I do it? Perhaps during build for cosmetic reasons but I wouldn't disassemble & risk damage once built.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.