HA-PRO2 with broken potentiometer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I'm on my very first hifi project so I know nothing about anything. I'm trying to educate myself as I move along though.

I bought a pre-soldered HA-PRO2 v4 but when it arrived the potentiometer was broken. It looked like it had gotten a rough trip in the mail and was heavily skewed, with some bits coming out of the rear hole.

I bought a new one from a local supplier here in Norway that looks just like it, and also ordered one from Mouser. The one from mouser was an Alps RK271 and I bought the 100k version as I thought it was listed as total resistance adding the two channels together. My bad.

My question is - can I still use it? From what I read they both do the same job but the 100k one takes less load to run.

Also - the transformator i bought is listed as 220v/50hz 12-0-12, but when I measure it I get about 14v. Can this be as Norway have 230v/50hz, or just because there was no load on it when I measured it? I see that it's stated in a thread here that running anything over 12v will ruin the board.

Photo

Photo of the potentiometers and the transformer

Attachments

• 20191030_184413034_iOS.jpg
    20191030_184413034_iOS.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 83
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.