Mount a CL60 without a terminal block?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. In the end I used a terminal block to mount the CL-60. It’s visible in the lower right of the picture with red heat shrink tubing on the legs, which were left long for heat dissipation.

I'm curious as to your terminal block. Could you post a picture and or part number?

Also, how does that heat shrink tubing hold up under the constant heat? I insulated mine with fiberglass sleeving as I thought it would hold up better long-term.

I used one of these:
10pcs (5 Sets) 5 Positions Dual Row 600V 15A Screw Terminal Strip Blocks with Cover + 400V 15A 5 Positions Pre-Insulated Terminals Barrier Strip (Black & Red) by MILAPEAK Amazon.com: 10pcs (5 Sets) 5 Positions Dual Row 600V 15A Screw Terminal Strip Blocks with Cover + 400V 15A 5 Positions Pre-Insulated Terminals Barrier Strip (Black & Red) by MILAPEAK: Home Improvement

They are available in various numbers of positions.

The heat shrink on the thermistor legs seems fine so far. The legs don’t get as hot as the main body.

Account Closed
Joined 2018
I'm curious as to your terminal block. Could you post a picture and or part number?

Also, how does that heat shrink tubing hold up under the constant heat? I insulated mine with fiberglass sleeving as I thought it would hold up better long-term.

Indeed, fiberglass tubing is the type of insulation used in this case, not heatshrink.
Under current Electrical Codes, using plastic heatshrink is prohibited and a potential fire hazard.
If a fire is caused by such a rig-up, homeowners insurance would not be pleased.
This is something the DIY'ers and tinkerers and putzers don't seem to understand nor know of.
Also, servicers must adhere to Codes as well, for liability reasons.
I worked in the industry for 45 years and trust me, I know the deal.

Account Closed
Joined 2018
I used one of these:
10pcs (5 Sets) 5 Positions Dual Row 600V 15A Screw Terminal Strip Blocks with Cover + 400V 15A 5 Positions Pre-Insulated Terminals Barrier Strip (Black & Red) by MILAPEAK Amazon.com: 10pcs (5 Sets) 5 Positions Dual Row 600V 15A Screw Terminal Strip Blocks with Cover + 400V 15A 5 Positions Pre-Insulated Terminals Barrier Strip (Black & Red) by MILAPEAK: Home Improvement

They are available in various numbers of positions.

The heat shrink on the thermistor legs seems fine so far. The legs don’t get as hot as the main body.

Neverthless, use fiberglass tubing or nothing at all.
Read my other post about fire and liability issues.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.