Re-Purpose CW AT-15s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I found a pair of Cerwin Vega AT-15s in the garbage on the curb. Where I live people seem to chuck lots of good stuff. I hooked them up to a shitty amp I had lying around they sounded good, there was some cracking do to the cabinet being cracked... but the woofers themselves sound ok. Is there a way to test the woofers before I embark on a re-purpose build?

Anyways , I have a pair of AT-10's already and some other speakers that suit me well, however i could use a boost in bass with my DJ equipment. I was wondering if it's worth it to re-purpose these 15" monsters into a bass only enclosure?

I would power these with a sub amp. Can anyone point me to any plans or more detailed specs(Thiele/Small) of these woofers?

Thanks and have a great day!

Attachments

• 20170328_202636 (2).jpg
    20170328_202636 (2).jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Hi Robmorin,

If I was in your shoes (should I say your socks?)

1- I'd try first to remove each driver and inspect them thoroughly for any defects, if they all are in good shape then your lucky, you can take that opportunity to take notes on individual drivers and make some research online to find if there are any T/S parameters available

2- Evaluate if the cabinet(s) could be fixed (sealed) in some way (Epoxy Resin?)

3- Sell or enjoy them

I think It would be a shame to cannibalize them if they could be put back to shape.

From what I see you can have an entry powered sub for around 150US$

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.