Paint touch-up/repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been taking in unwanted/abused receivers and doing my best to bring them back both electrically and cosmetically. I find quite a few where the paint is scuffed or scratched and am looking for expertise as to how best to touch up or repaint these items.

Most of the units I see are black, and appear to me to be semi-gloss. Is there any 'standard' paint to use? Lacquer or enamel? Any particular recommended brands of rattle cans?

How about wood/veneer cases. I've only got one so far, and the finish is in good shape. Recommended waxes or other coatings?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

A bit of lacquer thinner will soften a lacquer finish. If you are after a complete spray job, I'd use lacquer. It works over most anything. Scuff sand first, of course. "Mohawk" carries a nice selection of finish materials and supplies.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.