Source Selection For Rebuild Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am rebuilding an old record player into speakers. The old turntable will be replaced with a new one, and I am updating the speakers with two FaitalPRO 4FE35 4" Full-Range 4 Ohm woofers. I am going to build an amp into the box, with two extra amplified channels for addition of speakers in the future. I am looking for volume control, 3 audio inputs (Turntable line in, aux in, and hopefully Bluetooth capability if its not too much of a hassle). I have a few questions and I am new to this so please keep that in mind.

Currently I am looking to use this WONDOM AA-AB33182 4x100W at 4 Ohm Class D Digital Audio Amplifier Board STA508 (TK2050) 4x100 Sure watt amp.

1. Do I need a preamp between the record player and amplifier? I should mention there are line out and speaker out terminals on the record player, which one is preferred?
2. What are my options for audio input selection? I've read that I can use a rotary switch, however have read conflicting things regarding shorting vs non-shorting switches. Are these my only option and which one is the easiest/ requires the least amount of additional circuitry.
3. Is 100 watts per speaker too much since the 4" 4FE35 Fatal Pros RMS is 30 watts?

Also if you think there is anything I am overlooking feel free to school me. As I said, I am new to this but I want to learn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.