Copper plating with acid copper sulfate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the reply. I did copper plating in the chemistry classes in the school, and in my house, but nothing serious. But now, I want to re-copper copper, say, to get an layer of electrolytic copper of lower resistance in a copper plate and tubing to make a coil shield. Shields, and non magnetic cores (for permeability tuning in my case), tend to lower the Q of the tuned associated circuits as the conductivity is poor. Then putting a layer of good copper over the copper shields lowers the resistance and increases Q.

Attachments

• FM Tuner Mecha 0F.JPG
    FM Tuner Mecha 0F.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 160
The surface of the copper plate donating species must be 2-3 times longer covered area. Plates place on all sides which should be covered with copper. Watch out for the coating color. If there is browning, lower amperage. Selection of the initial current determined by the current dissipation in elektorolite and metal. First, make a trial test. Better slow, but qualitatively.

There may be several reasons. When the coating of complex shapes with texture are often defective. Perhaps in the electrolyte or electrolyte impurities were contained many copper sulfate. When the cover is not the copper surface (coated graphite), the current start almost from scratch. You can also add organic inhibitors for the coating uniformity. For example, gelatin, 0.1 - 0.2 g / l.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.