TV base for center speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I've been searching the web with no result..
Situation: I have a tv on a stand similar to this (photo not mine):

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Problem: I want to place a center channel speaker (16 cm high) below the TV (42inch), both front surfaces flush. The TV base hinders this on most if not all TV models. Wall mounting is not an option because I have a window behind.

I've seen desk mounts like this
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

but they are meant for smaller screens and I cannot attach it to my type of furniture.

It would be great if there is a stand for TVs like the imac has:

ideally with adjustable height, but i can't find it.

Have you seen something like that? Other option would be to somehow place the TV (without its base) directly on top of the center speaker but it's not wide enough and would be unstable I think.
Any ideas/thoughts?

Thank you!!!

Go to Ikea and buy a set of four furniture legs. They make them in varying depths; everything from 10cm to 20cm. They're designed to support the weight of a bookshelf, so they're quite sturdy.

Then screw those four furniture legs into a sheet of plywood, stain and varnish the wood, and you're done.

If you want to keep it simple, you could also use shelving material, the type they sell at Ikea and Home Depot.

The hard part with both those options is getting the wood shelf to match what's underneath it.

6c5a81ce028b.jpg

You could also buy a 'lack' table from Ikea and hack the height, width and depth down until it's the right size. They're less than $20

Thanks for the suggestion Patrick. I thought of that idea but it kind of defeats my original intention, which is to have a flush surface. (The tv screen extends the speaker baffle so to speak). with your suggestion, the tv would have to stand on it's base, which would leave a 10 cm gap.
Thanks anyway, I'll keep on brainstorming, my next idea is to have a metal shop fabricate a custom base of steel sheet, imitating the imac style.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.