Pictures & Report: '06 Vancouver Island diyFEST

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Talk about buried in kit... Chris doing something (hooking up the Cole), "helped" by Jeff & Kim.

Attachments

• chris-kim-jeff.jpg
    chris-kim-jeff.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 578
Re: Looks like I missed a good one

3-LockBox said:

~~~snip~~~~

I though to myself, "today is a good day to drink some beer and listen to some odd looking speakers". And it looks like I was right. I hope to get another shot at it next year.

(TerryO: It was, you were and you should!)

Looks like it was a blast.

(TerryO: It far, far better than that !)

BTW: I look much younger than many of you.

(TerryO: Yeah, I have the same problem, but they never made a big issue of it.)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here we have a view of the BottleHead 300B amps behind the Silver Iris. Buschhorn IIs with FE108eS at the bottom left (they went unplayed, but did go home with a pair of modded FE126), a Jon Risch power "cleanser" (built by Bent?), and over by the green milk-crate the installation of the neofones under way.

dave

Attachments

• bh-300bs.jpg
    bh-300bs.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 535
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
And here the Silver Iris with no crowd in the way... Frank is a good 6 feet -- gives you an idea of the size... these actually overwhelm my listening room a bit (~1000 ft^2, with sloped ceilings averaging 12')... outside they were a treat -- big and ballsy and room filling (althou in the back of your head you always want a bit more mid -- a particular problem if you are big into female vocals -- now if someone will just let me at their SIs)

Attachments

• frank-n-siobs.jpg
    frank-n-siobs.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 518
planet10 said:
Here we have a view of the BottleHead 300B amps behind the Silver Iris. Buschhorn IIs with FE108eS at the bottom left (they went unplayed, but did go home with a pair of modded FE126), a Jon Risch power "cleanser" (built by Bent?), and over by the green milk-crate the installation of the neofones under way.

dave

I like the looks of these tube amp's Wonder if i could create something similar with what i have.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.