2015 Burning Amp Festival, Saturday October 17th

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
it was amazing, this year! and what an unusal thing; to take over a company's whole floor, move in friday, play music and eat and have talks saturday and tomorrow many of us return to break down, unwind cables, pack gear and haul it all home again.

easy to get there, easy to park. and we can take our time in and out.

such an unusually different way to have our gathering.

oh, and there was beer on tap.

pretty good weekend, I'd say. fun to meet everyone that has been an online name and finally got to put faces to.

organizers did a stellar job. quite extraordinary.

What a great show! Many thanks to Mark for putting on the event and to Mario for the loan of the pencil speakers, they are a great combo with my SEX amp.

I was very surprised on how everyone liked my TDA7297, Sony Playstation 1 and Braun Output C system. Next Burning Amp I will have another fun system to demo.

Cary

I just have to post to say "Thank you" to all the people who helped bring Burning Amp together. I had a fantastic time, met great people, and got enough bad ideas to last a whole year.

A big thank you to Mark for organizing. Also, a big thanks to all the sponsors. Finally, thanks to my demo-mates Kurt, David, and Graham (Graeme?), and thanks to everyone else who dropped by with cool stuff to try out ( I *need* one of those bottlehead phono pres... if I could only convince my wife!)

Anyway, it was a great time and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Cheers,
James

I just have to post to say "Thank you" to all the people who helped bring Burning Amp together. I had a fantastic time, met great people, and got enough bad ideas to last a whole year.

A big thank you to Mark for organizing. Also, a big thanks to all the sponsors. Finally, thanks to my demo-mates Kurt, David, and Graham (Graeme?), and thanks to everyone else who dropped by with cool stuff to try out ( I *need* one of those bottlehead phono pres... if I could only convince my wife!)

Anyway, it was a great time and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Cheers,
James

James, glad you made good use of the Sansui in the setup - I've been telling everyone how great your tonearm sounded. Maybe next year you can give one of my DIY phono preamps a go. Thank you organizers and especially everyone who dragged their gear along to the show - it takes some effort! It was very nice meeting a bunch of knowledgeable audio nuts.

Blue Smoke Hybrid Amp

Wow! What a great event BAF 2015 was! Thanks a K^2 to Mark and the BAF staff. I had a blast!

Also thanks to all the good folks that stopped by my "Hybrid Conversion Room". I received several requests for a simple design that would in almost every Hafler or B&K chassis. Here is a good and simple one: The Blue Smoke Hybrid Amp.

Can be built into a chassis from scratch or as a retrofit of an older amp that need a facelift.

As you can see, this is pretty standard stuff: a 6sn7 plate follower driving one or more pairs of MOSFETs. These can be Renesas/Hitachi or similar. The schematic is simple enough that the whole thing can be built with point2point wiring and solder lugs. Enjoy :)

Denis.

Attachments

• Blue Smoke Hybrid.png
    Blue Smoke Hybrid.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 368
Well, considering that Mr Kent Leech and his steampunk loudspeakers tend to attend B-Man.
I could dress up in a nothing revealing Cheech & Chong outfit, and have all those young naked B-Women lust after my luscious and slightly overused body an entire week.

(with my heritage, it's the Wicker Man ending which is somewhat disturbing)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.