The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is the official event logo.

:) :) :)

Attachments

• logo_s.jpg
    logo_s.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 970
Bart is close but not close to walk from. The bus station is close.
The "Venue" is photo studio and is located in the area called Portrero Hill. It is about 15-20 min. driving time from airport and 10 min from downtown. It is common not to have car in the city as public transportation works well, as well as cab service is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'm sure we will figure out exactly what BART station to get off at, and the correct bust o take.. (bust? that damn Magura's avatar) I meant "bus to take" .
We will then post the info on the website when we (actually AR2) get it done...
Some towns have BART, other towns have a train called Caltrain that also goes to the city. That train has a station in the city where there are also buses to everywhere.

Last edited:
Hi AR2,

Just a clarification for the out-of-towners; that would be "Potrero" rather than "Portrero" - correct?
And here I had thought you guys had snagged that neat cylindrical building on Telegraph hill. But I'll get over it.

Graeme

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
AR2 said:
Bart is close but not close to walk from. The bus station is close.
The "Venue" is photo studio and is located in the area called Portrero Hill.

Maybe, maybe not... having seen where the event is on Google Earth, i have (in earlier visits) walked from about a 1/3 of the way from Mocone to the venue back to the Fairmount (and that is largely uphill)

dave

Correct, sorry.

Once I finish web, we will have directions and everything you guys will need. For now my advice for out of towners will be cab or bus #23. The "closest " bart station is 24th St and is just too far. I will have address, google map, and everything else on web. And on the top of that we will be able to give you additional directions if needed.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Funny you should ask:
Hello Mark:

I will be glad to support the demonstration of the Orion speakers at the show. I will talk to Siegfried about the Pluto speakers as they are also
available for the DIY customers.

Best regards,

Don Naples
dnaples@woodartistry.com

Unfortunately Siegfried Linkwitz will be out of the country during our show, which is too bad, because he mentioned giving a talk :bawling:

BUT it looks like Don Naples is going to save the day by at least bring those speakers most of us are curious about :spin:

I think we're getting some momentum here...

Variac

Last edited:
Any test equipment ?

Will there be some test equipment ? A scope , oscillator , dummy load and DMM ? Some amps might emit ' blue smoke' and we might want to fix them !

I guess for the source there will be at least a few CD players around ? I guess people bringing amps must bring interconnects and (IEC) power cords also. Extension boxes ?

Wonder what range of loudspeakers will make it to the show. Hmm.....it's getting complicated already!

:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.