paradigm atom and t-amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so i am buying a pair of paradigm atom speakers, and am planning on mating them with a t-amp. i don't believe that most of the lower powered amps (original si, ta2020 based, etc.) will be enough with the atom's 89db efficiency.
at the moment my best plan is for the 41hz amp5, which looks likea good match, but i was wondering if anybody out there had any other particular suggestions for this pairing. thanks

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I beleive the TA2020 should be fine...Don't know if you need ear-bleeding volumes, or have a big room, but the TA2020 would be perfect for smaller speaker like the Atoms (great speakers BTW).

AMP5 is 60w 8 ohm/100w4 4ohm (I think)...will also work fine, but TA2020 a better match

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You can "get by" with the TA2020, but you'll be happier with a more powerfull amp on those speakers.

You really need sensitivity in the mid 90s or better to get the best results with the small chips. Same of for SET amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.