EEEngine

I think this one is the patent of EEEngine. Patent #5,347,230.
It's interesting, because classD principal is used for efficiency of rails, while the main amp still can be classAB or even classA.
The important component is in L1. The right side of L1 (150uH) is classD/square full voltage, and at the left side of L1 it is a voltage follower, following Qb to feed the output transistors Qa. Output transistors Qa is cascoded by Qb emitor voltage at low voltage, so the dissipation in Qa is small (compared to rail that is +/-90V)
If Qb's emitors are sitting at +5V, the from +5V to +90 (85V) is given by L1 from classD mechanism, efficient.

But is this schematic selfoscilating at constant frequency like UCD or not? Is this good or not?

Attachments

• 5347230.jpg
    5347230.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2,173
I doubt we can see any Hi Fi full range performance with this kind of design. All devices have optimum performance voltage ranges. If you move the voltage out of this range, you sacrifice, performance to save power. In the low frequency region, we are not as sensitive to such amount of degradation and the power saving is probably dominating the design.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
of course it is not for hi fi arena. this kind of amp is used for pro (read: thousands watts amps). There is no benefit using this kind of amps for your home amps since the tech is more complex than class-d.

btw some pages offer service manuals but not free, you can try googling as "eeengine service manuals". if you lucky maybe you will find full range ones. But I doubt it is worth for you who want to build by your own, too bloody, better than open ebay and you will find second hand EEEngines for 500usd.

have you ever see QSC's schematic?

quite hot in perth right now....

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Hi... someone send notification to me for this post :D

This latest EEEngine G77. This is actually simplified version of Yamaha P7000s, taken very basic needs, without degrading its performance.

Regards,
Kartino

Attachments

• EEEngine G77 Ver.2.pdf
    858.4 KB · Views: 867
Hi... someone send notification to me for this post :D

This latest EEEngine G77. This is actually simplified version of Yamaha P7000s, taken very basic needs, without degrading its performance.

Regards,
Kartino

thanks Kartino for the updates ,
can i use 3pairs bjt instead of 6 pairs?

It's My Class TD Power Amplifier ������

Test Kit Power Amplifier Class TD by Delta Sound Electronics - YouTube

Class AB from G77 EEEngine High Voltage Design by Mr. Kartino Surodipo
Tracking from Labgrouppen A50TD

nice job Roby , post the pcb files