voltage regulation for input buffer in UcD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my variant of UcD, the input buffer op-amp is being fed by voltage that comes directly from the switching rails, and has undergone filtration through a LC combination of 0.47 mH/220u followed by BD139/BD140 zener followers to lower the voltage to +-23V, and at last a 7815/7915 combo. This construction gives quite good stable and noise-free voltage for the NE5532, but it is huge and uses board space I do not have.

What I wonder is how much switching noise suppression must I use to feed my NE5532 +-15V taken from the switching rails that are between +-30 - +-50V. The goal is to get voltage that is stable enough not to impact the sonic performance of the amplifier, but at the same time avoid over-engineering this part by giving it unnecessarily clean power. Would be preferrable to find a solution that doesnt require cascading of steps either.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
You can just do away with the 7815/7915 regulators. The older UcD180 modules use 2097/2222 zener followers to derive the supply rails for the AD8620. The newer ones probably do too, but I don't have a new one to look at so I can't say for sure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.