Hypex, LCAudio and ICE - Watch out for Anaview

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Watch out Hypex? hmmmm...

"The module is full range with a -3dB point at 60kHz and a phase shift below 20 degrees at 20kHz. Thanks to the use of modern dedicated components the lowest noise figures can be achieved and THD+N readings below 0,05% in the entire audio range. At 1W/1kHz the THD+N is as low as 0,003%."

THD+N 20Hz to 20kHz at 10mW to 75W/8ohm <.05%

Hypex claims:

0.01%<THD+N<0.02% 50W/8 ohms 10Hz<f<20kHz. With the 3dB point at 50kHz.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, can't really compare those, but it's interesting. Maybe Jan-Peter could offer a similar comparison, but if Matsen's price estimate is near to what it will be they've already lost.

Now Mueta is interesting, I think it's been longer than 4 years for them now.

As far as I know what happened with them is, they were led to believe that what they had was so cutting edge and revolutionary that everyone would be peeling back the cover of their module and reverse engineering it and they'd never make any money because everyone would be ripping them off.

So they opted not to sell it in module format, and instead produce it as an IC. I think they're finding it difficult to produce one that can handle up to the 1000W they've claimed.

Best of luck to them anyway, but I think they're going belly up if they don't get something out there soon, making IC's aren't cheap as I understand it.

So out of curiousity has anyone dug up any more solide information on Anaview's offerings, like maybe a patent document?

Regards
Chris

Hi Rick,

As you can see I had to edit my prior post there because I'd seen more information at their website on their .05% THD reading.

I was trying to ascertain if it might have a flat THD+N response across the audio band, which is what makes UCD sound so good.

I think with the given information they can't be compared meaningfully.

THD+N 20Hz to 20kHz at 10mW to 75W/8ohm <0,05%
THD+N 1kHz 1W 8ohm <0,003%

Damn I hate having a handful of meaningless specs and nothing else.

Earl Geddes doesn't ring a bell, should I look for his works?

Regards,
Chris

Hi,

Well I doubt it will be these guys:

http://www.flyingmole.co.jp/en/pdf/aps-m300E.pdf

http://www.audiocourses.com/article436.html

"bi-phase fusion"... heh.... (full bridge), I'll have to remember that one!

I like the sound of the Nphysics/Nuforce stuff too but dont' think it will wind up in a module. Nuforce seems to have a finished amp out now for 800US. It's power ratings seem dismal and heavily limited, 100W into 8, 4 and 2 ohms.

It's been awhile since I looked at their patent but I think it's a fairly simple switched cap circuit? I'll be looking at it more eventually, it's all interesting.

Thanks for the link as well Rick, also interesting.
Cheers

http://www.flyingmole.co.jp/en/pdf/aps-m300E.pdf
I've to say hmm about it..

A) 5Mhz and single layer PCB?

B) Analog loop + Digital loop =.1% distortion at -9db of the rated 300W? I completely agree about bad correlation of the THD vs sound quality, but i just see too low overall precision if several loops applied and .1% still. Wrong?

C) Residual noise = 50µV (400Hz to 30kHz at BPF), let's congratulations because it's a good BPF! ;-)

ps: JohnW gave, some time ago, budget OPS schematic $2@100W/.08%(open loop)/384Khz, well, just add the modulator e.g. TI.

Hello Ivan,

You smell something too? The more you read that the funnier it gets.

The Flying Mole with it's "pat. pending" "Bi-Phase Fusion technology" that "combines the power amplifier's power section with the amplifier section... hmmm You know I suppose a total efficiency of 83% just might be a world's best.... considering the 5MHz thing.

Put a cape on it and throw it out the window I say.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.