Class D bridging with this product

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First post here, so bear with me.

I am looking for a way to bridge two identical (car)audio mono aplifiers 1 ohm stable.
Is it possible to use such a product?

http://www.bmm-electronics.nl/Product.asp?Product_ID=3224

I understood that there might be a problem to power the above article, but can't this be done with the dc/dc convert inside of the amp?

Also regarding the common ground for the bridging (if possible?) Can't this just be connected together from each amplifer?

Would be nice if anyone could answer, as ordinary car audio people don't seem to have that much knowledge about it.

If charts over the aplifiers pcb's is needed to answer, I'd be glad to provide them.

JohnW said:
If I had to place a bet - I would say that the outputs of your amps. are already bridged - which means you cannot use 2 amps to increase power - unless you have a dual voice coil speaker - one amp per coil.

John

Hi john,
You are right about this amp, but there exist a way by which you can bridge an already bridged amp. but it requires seperate power supplies for the proper operation. Crown and Qsc [pl9.0] uses grounded bridge topology for this type of implementation.

regards,
kanwar

Well, delighted to hear that it's possible with other products.
About the seperate power supply, what needs to be done? Can I use the above mentioned product, or are there any other ways to bridge an already bridged amplifier?

If anyone knows how to compress a pdf into a size that this forum allows, I'd be able to post the pcb chart. Unfortunately its 1,1 mb zipped.

Hi buddy

jaychocolate said:
Well, delighted to hear that it's possible with other products.
About the seperate power supply, what needs to be done? Can I use the above mentioned product, or are there any other ways to bridge an already bridged amplifier?

Hi chocolate_jay,
Its not possible with the mentioned product.
See the picture for more clarification on QUAD BRIDGING TOPOLOGY.
Hope you understand it.

regards,
kanwar

Attachments

• qbt.jpg
    qbt.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 260
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.