Peerless LCPF600 first impressions..

Hi all,

I recently contacted Martin Helms, a very kind gentleman from Tymphany Company, upon a message I read on the forum and asked him for a sample of the LPCF600 module.
The amplifier is 3-channel and the power supply is embedded.
According to the data sheet; The amplifier is capable of driving 3 x 300W RMS @2ohm and delivers 0.02% THD for 1khz at rated power (0.003% for 1w). Also, the output noise is only 35uV. These values ​​seemed quite impressive to me.
Outputs can be configured as SE or BTL. This makes it possible to use the module quite flexibly.
Last Friday I received the sample (really fast delivery) and I started to examine the module.
According to my visual impressions, the amplifier is built on 3 pcs of IRS2092. There are 3 x 2200uF average quality capacitors per rail with symmetrical supply. Likewise, there is a medium quality capacitor after the bridge diode at the mains input. There is a two-stage mains filter at the mains input, which appears to be of good quality. There are also filters on the DC outputs consisting of two-stage common-mode chokes.
OPA1678 is used on the input stage (bottom surface).
The amplifier also has a debug module. With this module, you can easily perform on-off and mute controls. In addition, this module has status LEDs and XLR analog inputs.
The amplifier module can be easily installed and used.
I tested the amplifier with my DIY ES9018S DAC and Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 speakers. There was no preamplifier or volume control unit in between. Other than that, I did not use any special equipment, cables, etc.
As for my listening impressions;
I can honestly say I was quite impressed.
The amplifier has a very detailed and wide-stage sound.
Bass, mids and trebles were just right. (Diamond 9.6s are known for their lack of treble)
I did not observe any audible distortion.
There is no audible noise of any kind in both mute mode and play mode (with my ears sticked to the tweeters, even inputs were open; wow !)
I haven't done any electrical measurements yet. So I may add to my review in the coming days.
That's all I'm going to say for now.
I highly recommend you try it if you have the opportunity.

Drivers & Amps - Peerless

Last edited:
This looks quite promising! The DSP is alluded to but not really detailed - that seems to me to be Hypex's secret sauce going forward - those plate amps with built in DSP seem pretty amazing. The price of entry is high though (for me anyway). Hopefully these guys can offer some sharper pricing while keeping the SQ high.

I think this paragraph in the technical description is causing confusion:

Monitoring to Improve System Performance With DSP

Extensive monitoring is included — for each amplifier stage, the output current and voltage are continuously reported back to the front-end board for analysis, reaction, and performance optimization. Amplifier and power supply temperatures are also continuously reported so appropriate measures can be taken to protect the system in extreme thermal conditions.”

DSP???:confused:
There is no DSP on this module as I inspected..

Sorry, I wasn't very clear... Not surprised you're confused. lol I know this sample has no DSP, but the product line they plan to put out will include it somewhere seemingly. What they manage to do with DSP will be what makes this line successful or not IMHO.

" We are adding more power levels, connectivity, and DSP front-end models to offer you more options and faster speed to market"

Last edited: