Hypex FA501 highest crossover point

Yes, this is a fullrange amp, but can be used as a subwoofer amp too. If you don't need high level input, you can have a 2 or 3 way from these, but don't forget that for a stereo pair of speakers you need 2 plateamps.

For example, with 2 pieces of 2 way amps, you can drive and crossover a passive (or fullrange) speaker and 2 subwoofer or actively crossover 2 pieces of 2 way speakers.

Yes, this is a fullrange amp, but can be used as a subwoofer amp too. If you don't need high level input, you can have a 2 or 3 way from these, but don't forget that for a stereo pair of speakers you need 2 plateamps.

For example, with 2 pieces of 2 way amps, you can drive and crossover a passive (or fullrange) speaker and 2 subwoofer or actively crossover 2 pieces of 2 way speakers.

Sorry, I do not understand "2 way amps" in this context. Each FA501 is a single monolithic amp per channel right?

Yes one needed per LS50, but without any other speakers, there's no need for any crossover right?

If I added another FA501 to drive a sub in future, then how would the crossover / mono best be handled?

I have a Samson S-xover that could do it, but I figure not needed?

Okay, this thread is about the FA501. 2 way or 3 way I meant FA502 and FA503 for example, but these don't have the speaker level input like the 1 way models.

Btw, for the LS50, the FA501 is overkill in every way. The smaller, cheaper, quieter FA251 is more than enough.

Yes I know that is what you meant, and obviously I would take the necessary precautions, thanks for pointing out that feature.

If anyone can help with the below, much appreciated

Yes one plate amp needed per LS50, but without any other speakers, there's no need for any crossover right?

If I added another FA501 to drive a sub in future, then how would the crossover / mono best be handled?

I have a Samson S-xover that could do it, but I figure not needed?