tpa3255 on board regulator with 12V

I get this board, you see "48V" on power input

you see on board LM2575T-12 (Input 45Vmax)
my board has LM2576S-12 (Input 42Vmax)

so, of course both can't be used with 48V,
because there is a direct connection form power input to the regulator.

so, I'm looking for a discussion on diyaudio with but unfortunately
all threads are longer than I can read

What can I do?
change the regaulator to LM2575/76 HV

I like to do anything to change the board to get the values from datasheet

Attachments

• tpa3255_Aiyama_1.jpg
    tpa3255_Aiyama_1.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 207
  • tpa3255_specs_BTL.jpg
    tpa3255_specs_BTL.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
12V can either be it's internal LDO or supply from external to save power.

11.1.1 VDD Supply
The VDD supply required from the system is used to power several portions of the device. It provides power to
internal regulators DVDD and AVDD that are used to power digital and analog sections of the device,
respectively. Proper connection, routing, and decoupling techniques are highlighted in the TPA3255 device EVM
User's Guide SLOU441 (as well as the Application Information section and Layout Examples section) and must
be followed as closely as possible for proper operation and performance. Deviation from the guidance offered in
the TPA3255 device EVM User's Guide, which followed the same techniques as those shown in the Application
Information section, may result in reduced performance, errant functionality, or even damage to the TPA3255
device. Some portions of the device also require a separate power supply which is a lower voltage than the VDD
supply. To simplify the power supply requirements for the system, the TPA3255 device includes integrated lowdropout
(LDO) linear regulators to create these supplies. These linear regulators are internally connected to the
VDD supply and their outputs are presented on AVDD and DVDD pins, providing a connection point for an
external bypass capacitors. It is important to note that the linear regulators integrated in the device have only
been designed to support the current requirements of the internal circuitry, and should not be used to power any
additional external circuitry. Additional loading on these pins could cause the voltage to sag and increase noise
injection, which negatively affects the performance and operation of the device.

11.1 Power Supplies
The TPA3255 device requires two external power supplies for proper operation. A high-voltage supply called
PVDD is required to power the output stage of the speaker amplifier and its associated circuitry. Additionally, one
mid-voltage power supply for GVDD_X and VDD is required to power the gate-drive and other internal digital and
analog portions of the device.

the problem is not to make the board new,
"only" to change the errors with minmal effort and maximal success

I have this board. I changed nearly everything (accept the part you mention) and measured the difference with Rightmark audio analyser. Always the same setup cables etc.

Here you can see the difference (see voltage test)

Changing the caps before the opamps, the large caps and the coils for better quality gives you this difference. White line is original the green line with all mods.

It is fun to do and you learn to understand what does what in audio electronics

Attachments

• voltage test.PNG
    voltage test.PNG
    192.2 KB · Views: 125
  • mod for and after.PNG
    mod for and after.PNG
    173.2 KB · Views: 120