Will a 2CH amplifier work with one channel cut out?

Sorry newbie question. I am looking at purchasing amp innards.

In the link below, the power supply and channel modules are clearly evident.
https://sc04.alicdn.com/kf/H0e65a56...026994/H0e65a56cbe0e49cb893374ad487ff089y.jpg

This is a two channel class D amp, but I'm looking at putting together a one channel sub amp based on the innards of this one.

Am I able to simply use one channel module or is the power supply designed to only run with two channel boards connected?

Cheers

in most cases, a class D amplifier is bridged. Parallel or sequential connection of channels is not provided. In mono, you can only use one channel. You can also switch on a separate speaker for each channel, and send a mono signal to the inputs.
As an experiment, you could use a transformer with separate input and common speaker windings. You can try parallel connection of channels to a common load with filter coils on each output line. And you need to identify the in-phase lines. Out-of-phase switching will damage the amplifier like a short circuit.
I have not tried it and I am not responsible for the consequences! :(

Last edited:
in most cases, a class D amplifier is bridged. Parallel or sequential connection of channels is not provided. In mono, you can only use one channel.

Not sure if there's a misunderstanding here.

Im not trying to connect more channels in parallel or sequential.

I'm doing the opposite, getting rid of one channel in a 2CH class D amp to make a 1CH class D amp.
Is this achievable or is a switch mode power supply designed to be specific to how many channels it is driving?