Buying Advice Class D amplifier board - no hiss & no "plop"

Dear community,

I am in search of a good Class D amplifier board with small measurements fulfilling the following criteria:

- 24V operating voltage
- no hissing (no high gain required)
- no "pop" sound on turning on the amplifier
- preferably mono design or stereo design (no seperate subwoofer channel etc.)
- preferably small size

I bought 4 of the TDA3116 100w mono boards (XH-M542) and was very disapponited. The board has a lot of hissing and the speakers pop when turning on the amplifier. Modications are not possible because the heatsink is glued to the TDA3116 and cannot be removed without ripping the chip off.

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:
Hi!
With a voltage of 24volts .... it does not exceed the power of the tpa3116, logical and I think of course that you guessed it.
I love the tpa3116, I also have an up 2stream 2.1 card in my bathroom .... Pure happiness these cards controllable by smartphone ...

But for me the tpa 3255 goes further in the details and in dynamics ...

Mareus, while avoiding commenting on PCB layout and build quality, unless I am mistaken the connectors for PSU and speaker out are horrible. Based on that alone I would avoid, I see no mention if they're using a single or two TPA3255. For the specs they give it should have two, but the price makes me wary.

Edit:
Could well be that it's worth it, would be nice to know if connectors for signal input are included. No mention of PFFB, which is a must to get even close to those SN levels.

If I didn't have a heap of TPA3255 amps laying about I would probably order one just for ease-of-build, solder power and speaker out cables to the board.

Last edited:
For 34 Euros a piece and delivered by Amazon Prime I could not resist and ordered one of the 4 Channel Boards

Subwoofer-Verstarkerplatine, digitale Verstarkerplatine AMP-Modul Audioteile 4-Ton-Kanal Hochleistungs-TPA3255 Klasse D mit einfacher Installation fur Laden, Heim, Theater, Platz: Amazon.de: Baumarkt

For the money paid I am more than impressed. The soldering quality is decent. I has two TPA3255 chips and makes no unwanted noises. The "pop" sound when starting up the board can be eliminated by the know "fix" to put a 47uF capacitor on the mute pins.

What kind of power supply would you recommend to power two of these boards?

Should I go with 36v or 48v DC?

How about using the Meanwell UHP 500-48?

For 34 Euros a piece and delivered by Amazon Prime I could not resist and ordered one of the 4 Channel Boards

Subwoofer-Verstarkerplatine, digitale Verstarkerplatine AMP-Modul Audioteile 4-Ton-Kanal Hochleistungs-TPA3255 Klasse D mit einfacher Installation fur Laden, Heim, Theater, Platz: Amazon.de: Baumarkt

For the money paid I am more than impressed. The soldering quality is decent. I has two TPA3255 chips and makes no unwanted noises. The "pop" sound when starting up the board can be eliminated by the know "fix" to put a 47uF capacitor on the mute pins.

What kind of power supply would you recommend to power two of these boards?

Should I go with 36v or 48v DC?

How about using the Meanwell UHP 500-48?
hi Mareus, still happy with this board? i see a few bad reviews in amazon.de....