How to safely pad the output of a NAD D 7050

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I dreamed about 4-way fully active, but if I'm ever able to invest in one, I'm sure there dsp won't be a problem. So 4 channels for now (subs and passive networked mains).

Transparency is most valued property, any coloring is made with dsp/source material. I can't picture myself tuning my system by switching dacs, or cables all the same.

I like the concept of miniDSP products, but are they transparent when used as additional ad/da and after volume control and things?

Cheap DSP
the t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini

I have it. I only miss better delay. The smallest steps is 20 cm. It's balanced in/out. It's most likely same quality as your NAD. I'm sure they just use some integrated DSP functions. But, you have a pretty normal setup. Why don't you just use the line out for sub and NC400. If you don't need eq, just use a simple PLLXO. It's a resistor and cap.

I’m thinking he might like the flexibility that full dsp allows, but yes the “extra” step of AD/DA conversion - particularly at the budget entry level - is something with which a lot of folks have discomfort.
Only the golden ears of the end user can determine if the net system is “transparent” enough.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.