Hypex Fusion and Omnimic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Hypex Fusion thread is so huge, I can't tell if this question has been answered...

Is the Omnimic compatible with the Hypex Fusion amp? I can't seem to get the HFD software to recognize my Omnimic.

I have a vague memory of something I read in one of these threads which discussed this issue... ?

BTW, the (very) preliminary listening with my new FA253 has gone really well. The HFD software is easy to use. The build quality of the Fusion amps are very impressive.

I've read somewhere that the present version of HFD doesn't support measurements.

RoomEQWizard is my choice for measurements.
ARTA is favourite of many other more technically sophisticated people

With a PC it is easy to run measurement software and HFD simultaneously and check the effect of changes. Just remember to press "Load filter to DSP" in HFD to load settings onboard!

16 months ago I struggled with HFD. Nobody could say what is the IR gating and smoothing of HFD measurements. You can't see response and set filters simulltaneously. It can't be used to set delays either, it only showed spl response.

A fully functional SW is superior and more versatile. And free as well.

I have managed to run the Omnimic software simultaneously with HFD, and it works fine. There are a few more mouse clicks at each step than there would be if everything were integrated into HFD.

It would be very handy if the Omnimic software could export an impulse response as a text file... because HFD could import it. But this is small potatoes. So far I am very pleased with HFD and the Fusion amp.

I also like the Omnimic software. It is not free like Arta or REW, but it works well for me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.