Hypex FusionAmp FA253 Built into a Modushop case

Hypex FusionAmp's FA253 Built into Modushop cases

Not too long ago I made the switch to actively controlling my speakers through the FA-253 Hypex FusionAmp's, after experimenting with various crossovers, I finally found a crossover that I really like, the result is in all areas clearly better than how the speakers performed with the passive crossovers.

It was therefore clear to me that active crossovers were now the way to go.

My beloved Audio-GD Master-3 PowerAmp was put up for sale and it was sold within a week, but I was now left with an empty space in my stereo rack and because I cannot install the FusionAmp's in my Mordaunt Short Performance 6 LE speakers because of the spherical backside of these speakers (apart from that it is of course a shame to deform these beautiful speakers forever !!), so I decided to disassemble the two FA253 and build them into aluminum cases that had to fit into the room who left the Master-3 PowerAmp.

After some searching on the net I decided to go for the black Galaxy 3U GX285 cases from Modushop.

The sequel can be clearly seen in the photos below, still need to assemble 6x 3 meter Supra Ply 3.4S cables, So for now the amps are placed next to the speakers.

One of the Mordaunt Short Performance-6 LE speaker

The now sold Master-3 PowerAmp

Fitting the still emty cases

Ready to be mounted

5 degrees above the room temperature, bottom plate on which the amps are mounted 10 degrees more than the ambient temperature.

Last edited:
Hypex FusionAmp's FA253 Built into Modushop cases

Not too long ago I made the switch to actively controlling my speakers through the FA-253 Hypex FusionAmp's, after experimenting with various crossovers, I finally found a crossover that I really like, the result is in all areas clearly better than how the speakers performed with the passive crossovers.

It was therefore clear to me that active crossovers were now the way to go.

My beloved Audio-GD Master-3 PowerAmp was put up for sale and it was sold within a week, but I was now left with an empty space in my stereo rack and because I cannot install the FusionAmp's in my Mordaunt Short Performance 6 LE speakers because of the spherical backside of these speakers (apart from that it is of course a shame to deform these beautiful speakers forever !!), so I decided to disassemble the two FA253 and build them into aluminum cases that had to fit into the room who left the Master-3 PowerAmp.

After some searching on the net I decided to go for the black Galaxy 3U GX285 cases from Modushop.

The sequel can be clearly seen in the photos below, still need to assemble 6x 3 meter Supra Ply 3.4S cables, So for now the amps are placed next to the speakers.

One of the Mordaunt Short Performance-6 LE speaker

The now sold Master-3 PowerAmp

Fitting the still emty cases

Ready to be mounted

5 degrees above the room temperature, bottom plate on which the amps are mounted 10 degrees more than the ambient temperature.

Amazing build! :) Quick question -- how did you cut round holes and big one for DSP piece? I'm thinking about ordering same case for myself, but not sure how can I cut proper holes :)

Amazing build! :) Quick question -- how did you cut round holes and big one for DSP piece? I'm thinking about ordering same case for myself, but not sure how can I cut proper holes :)
It looks like that there is just one big square hole in the case and there is the original FusionAmp connector part in the opening. If you are going to use ModuShop, they can probably predrill some holes for a template. You should advertise to them that this is a business opportunity!

It looks like that there is just one big square hole in the case and there is the original FusionAmp connector part in the opening. If you are going to use ModuShop, they can probably predrill some holes for a template. You should advertise to them that this is a business opportunity!
yes, this big part is the piece from FusionAmp, but there are also speaker terminals and AC power connector :)