Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

The all new AIO FXtreme DB450 : 4-Channel Amplifier with DSP, Bluetooth and Booster
The all new AIO FXtreme DB450 : 4-Channel Amplifier with DSP, Bluetooth and Booster
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st February 2020, 02:26 PM   #31
mga2009 is offline mga2009
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmy View Post
Dayton / Sure have cheap ADAU1701 boards that work with SigmaStudio:

Dayton Audio DSPB-K DSP Kernel Board and DSPB-KE Kernel DSP Expansion 2-In 3-Out
Yes, you are correct. I forgot to mention Dayton / Sure. Very well price/performance oriented.

Do you know If you can use all 4 DACs? The "extension board" only have 3 outputs. Also, there is no info on the input impedance, sensitivity, etc.
Old 21st February 2020, 02:28 PM   #32
Prinkiestonkie is offline Prinkiestonkie  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmy View Post
Dayton / Sure have cheap ADAU1701 boards that work with SigmaStudio:

Dayton Audio DSPB-K DSP Kernel Board and DSPB-KE Kernel DSP Expansion 2-In 3-Out
Not really cheap, or that good.. might as well get this one instead: ADAU1401/ADAU1701 DSPmini learning board (upgrading to ADAU1401).-in Electronics Stocks from Electronic Components & Supplies on AliExpress

ADAU1401 is basically the same as the ADAU1701, it even works when you apply a schematic for the ADAU1701 to it in SigmaStudio

Last edited by Prinkiestonkie; 21st February 2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old 21st February 2020, 02:30 PM   #33
mga2009 is offline mga2009
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinkiestonkie View Post
Not really cheap, or that good.. might as well get this one instead: shorturl.at/qxFY6

ADAU1401 is basically the same as the ADAU1701, it even works when you apply a schematic for the ADAU1701 to it in SigmaStudio
But that board is ready to use? With all the ADC and DAC and EEPROM, etc.?

You only need the programmer and all the input/output connectors?
Old 21st February 2020, 02:38 PM   #34
Prinkiestonkie is offline Prinkiestonkie  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mga2009 View Post
But that board is ready to use? With all the ADC and DAC and EEPROM, etc.?

You only need the programmer and all the input/output connectors?
Well so has that other one.. but for half the price, and without those connectors, which makes it even easier to it build-into an speaker as well
Old 21st February 2020, 03:00 PM   #35
kipman725 is offline kipman725  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to kipman725
Exciting to see all this activity on low cost systems that can be powered from 12 - 24V. I would really like to have more outdoor events but the budget is small due to only occasional use. Also the equipment needs to be simple and quick to setup as setup (basically plug in battery, speakers, source, select DSP preset and go). One thing I haven't seen yet is a multi kW sub amp design from such a supply, anyone working on one? friends of mine use cheap car audio amps and get about 600W for 110, the voltage swing though isn't enough for normal PA speakers though.
Old 21st February 2020, 03:23 PM   #36
Nenola is offline Nenola  Finland
diyAudio Member

I think this is very interesting product, and will have it's buyers. If I had known what kind of pain it was to assemble a 2.1 amplifier from separate modules, I would have got this instead
Old 21st February 2020, 03:26 PM   #37
oon_the_kid is offline oon_the_kid  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Bluetooth Audio Amplifier (Apt-X)

Well this one I have used before utilizes the dsp in the bluetooth module.

But it can't do biamping and things like that...

Oon

The all new AIO FXtreme DB450 : 4-Channel Amplifier with DSP, Bluetooth and BoosterHide this!Advertise here!