MiniDSP 4x10HD driving Hypex UCD400HG with HxR Vrms Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building the LXStudio kit, and I am new to this.... I got the miniDSP 4x10HD.
For my amp, I'm building an 8 channel Hypex UCD400HG with HxR. I know the 400 is a bit over powered for these speakers but I wanted the ability to drive larger loads of needed.

I email Hypex bout voltage input levels. They said 2Vrms is needed to reach Max power with the 400's. I looked at the specs for the miniDSP, it says 4/8 Vrms on the balanced output and 2/0.9Vrms on the unbalanced output.

I'd want to use the balanced output, correct? I will be able to output 2x the rated voltage of the 400's. Will this be a problem? Can I limit the Vrms out via software so I don't blow the speakers by accidentally turning volume too high?

Thanks!!

Account Closed
Joined 2001
DIP switches inside the 4x10Hd can select either of two output levels. You'd want to set those to the off/lower position.
I don't see any need to invoke any further protection efforts. Your amps have the power and voltage to destroy any of the drivers with the right combination of program material and volume control setting. :)

The proper place for your query would be over at the OPLUG. This is a gain structure issue and has nothing (directly) to do with the Class-D power amplifier topic.

Dave.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.