Topping TP30 Mk2 issue with USB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, first post from me...

I have a Topping TP30 Mk2 amplifier/DAC that has an issue when using USB as the input source - it frequently does a very brief power-cycle, or at least that's what it appears to be. The power-cycle happens every few minutes, but sometimes won't happen for 10 to 15 minutes - it's quite unpredictable. When it happens, there's a horrible 'pop' sound and the computer or phone will pause playback.

I thought it might be a faulty power supply but I have just bought a new replacement and the issue remains. I thought it might be caused by the computer it's plugged in to, but I've tested it with other computers and also my smartphone, and the issue remains the same no matter what USB source I'm using. Also, I can use the amplifier using the Aux source without any issues at all, this problem only affects the USB input.

I purchased this from Amazon over 5 years ago, so it's long past its warranty life. I thought that someone in this forum might have an idea about how I can try to repair it.

Thanks,
Stuart

The amp and your computer both have power supplies. These might interact. Use them at one extension of the mains. If you use a laptop, try it to run on batteries only for a try, as this will prevent any loop oft the mains. If you don´t have resets this way, you know the cause.
Give more information about your set up.
If this is the problem, you can prevent to use the USB port with such a USB converter, the included DAC will not be worse than the one in the Toping. It has a audio out and can be connected to the analog in of the Toping. Saves you an impossible repair, for 4 1/2 pounds, probably.

NEW PCM2704 USB DAC USB to S/PDIF Sound Card Decoder Board 3.5mm Analog Output 4894644363876 | eBay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.