TPA3116D2 MONO board question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys and sorry for reviving the thread hehe.

I just bought an XH-M542 on Aliexpress for doing some test but when I turn it on it gets a sound every second on the speaker like "toc toc toc toc toc..."
Do you know what it can be?
I use 10w speaker 8ohm and a 12v battery 10000mah
Thanks in advanced and regards!

Hi guys and sorry for reviving the thread hehe.

I just bought an XH-M542 on Aliexpress for doing some test but when I turn it on it gets a sound every second on the speaker like "toc toc toc toc toc..."
Do you know what it can be?
I use 10w speaker 8ohm and a 12v battery 10000mah
Thanks in advanced and regards!

I have such a board in working state.
It is most likely a protection functionality that repeatedly kicks-in.
Which of the two do you have? A multimeter; an oscilloscope?

OK, start without power on the amplifier board and the board disconnected from anything else. Multimeter in Ohm-setting.

First, the impedance of the speaker measured at the two wire-ends you connect to the amplifier board, measured with the Ohm-meter.

Next, the power lines impedance test.
Short-circuit the two power terminals on the board for a short moment. Then, remove the short-circuit and connect the red multimeter test pin to "+" (power) on the amplifier board and the black multimeter test pin to "-". What the multimeter (set as Ohm-meter) is supposed to show is the value slowly going upwards (the decoupling capacitors are being charged) until the range of the Ohm-meter is exceeded. If it behaves like this, the power input is not shorted (which is good).

Then, test of the two TPA3116 output lines. Multimeter still set as Ohm-meter. Connect the black multimeter test pin to "-" (power). Connect the red multimeter test pin first to one output line of the amplifier and then the other output line of the amplifier. Any impedances measured below 100 Ohm?
Following, connect the red multimeter test pin to "+" (power). Connect the black multimeter test pin first to one output line of the amplifier and then the other output line of the amplifier. Any impedances measured below 100 Ohm?

In particular the last test shows if the chip is defect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.