TDA7492p low volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys.

Please be warned - i'm new :eek:

I have a simple question. I bought a TDA7492p - no buttons and no aux.

It works perfectly fine in a small PA speaker. It does however play on different volume levels depending on the connected device.

My tests
On the following phones it plays perfectly loud:
- Iphone 8 and oneplus one
And the ones where the volume is waaaaay lower:
- Huawei mate 10 lite and Samsung s6 edge

Any explaination/solution.

Every answer is greatly appreciated!

Hi Andreas,

I assume you use the headphone output from the phones?

The most likely reason for the difference in sound-level is that the signal outputs from the phones are different in level.

Take one loud phone and one low phone and test that they have a significant difference in sound level when used with your TDA7492.
Let your phones continue playing music and don' t touch the volume buttons on the phones.

Then, without switching your phones off or stopping the music, try if there is a corresponding difference when you use a headphone (the same) directly on the two phones.

If they play equally loud in the same headphones, it may be a difference in output impedance that causes the sound level differences.

Last edited:
Andreas, your presentation of the problem: "...a TDA7492p - no buttons and no aux." did not mention Bluetooth. "TDA7492P" is an amplifier chip not including any Bluetooth.

Now I believe to understand your problem better. My trivial conclusion is that it is not an amplifier problem because with some phones the amplifier just works very well.

The problem is in the Bluetooth streaming between your phone and the Bluetooth chip.
This is an amplifier (class D) thread and there may be other threads that are more relevant for such a problem. But, you can also take your chances here if you prefer.

A trivial question: For the two phones that play way too low, is it so that you cannot increase the level with the phone volume buttons?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.