100W Class D module/IC advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm going to make a six channel amplifier in the next few months and currently trying to decide on the amplifier topology. I quite like the idea of class D as it makes the design and cost of my enclosure much simpler and cheaper.

I don't have too much time to design something so would prefer to get an off the shelf module but I'm struggling to find something that meets my criteria, here's where I'm at:

My spec:
- 100W
- Less than 0.01% THD at 1kHz 100W
- Good THD at 20kHz, perhaps less than 0.05%
- Around £30/40USD per channel.

What I've gone through so far:
- Icepower. Too expensive, too hard to source, too complex, good performance.
- Hypex. Too expensive but good performance.
- Connexelectronic. Good price, simple but have no idea on THD.
- Ebay modules. Good price, questionable quality.
- Diyaudio PCB. Lacking documentation and time consuming.
- Design my own. Takes a long time and costs money. Not too great THD with simple ICs like TI TPA32xx.

Please inform me of my ignorance!

Get a ready made TDA 8950 class d module and you're good to go ... 120w per channel this amp is not a joke ... Your case you're making 6 channel amplifier ... 3 module of these will take care of everything ... Be sure to find a decent wattage power transformer as these modules were power hungry ... And yes this is the class d module mentioned refer to the photo ... And remember they need decent cooling to ... You need more information can feedback to me ... Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_20180120_022133.jpg
    IMG_20180120_022133.jpg
    796.4 KB · Views: 369
Hi all,

I'm going to make a six channel amplifier in the next few months and currently trying to decide on the amplifier topology. I quite like the idea of class D as it makes the design and cost of my enclosure much simpler and cheaper.

I don't have too much time to design something so would prefer to get an off the shelf module but I'm struggling to find something that meets my criteria, here's where I'm at:

My spec:
- 100W

- Design my own. Takes a long time and costs money. Not too great THD with simple ICs like TI TPA32xx.

I have some of the new 100AS2 amps in and can get more...3 of the AS2s will make a nice amp for you...For Hypex the only option is the NC122MP (2 channels at 125w) however I can't ship this as a kit. I can give you a great deal on the completed amp. If you are interested, send me a PM - the pricing will be lower then you expect. The new ICE module I can send just as modules or as a kit - hypex has to be completed.

Hi all,

My spec:
- 100W

So a classic good, cheap, fast - choose 2 dilemma...

Hi all,

My spec:
- 100W

I just measured the connex IRS2200SMPS and posted results here. Doesn't quite meet your specs with distortion up top unfortunately. I'm trying to track down some MP hypex modules for something similar.

Measuring Amplifiers - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.