Advice from experienced electronics circuit designer wanted -

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
- Willing to compensate for time and advice given to achieve my goal.

I have been studying the following circuit detailed here, for amplifier clipping detection with LED output:
Erreur 404

I would like to ask advice in regards to using this circuit design in high voltage amplifiers, where the +/- rail may reach or slightly exceed the +/-200v mark, and what changes may need to be made.
I would like to be able to assemble these and install almost as a "universal kit", so a single PCB design which can cater for amplifiers with as low as +/- 30v rails, and use the same PCB with modified components for up to +/-200v rails. Also, I would like it to be compatible with amplifiers using a single positive output rail, where the speaker terminals have half-rail on both + and - terminals and the audio signal swings between 0v and rail. Although I imagine this would just mean adjusting where I take ground reference from rather than circuit changes.

My skill level is amplifier repair technician, ideally I would like to have some PCBs made which incorporate mostly SMD components which I will populate myself.

My main questions would be as follows:
- Would I be able to use the same IC across the whole range of intended amplifiers from low to high power (30 - 200v rails), only making modifications to resistor values as suggested on the guide
- Would I be able to assemble this circuit in todays market using mostly SMD components
- Would I be able to add a 3-tier LED visual output instead of the single one, which would light LED1 at first detection of clip, LED2 at 5% over clip and LED3 at 20% over clip, for example.

Thank you for any advice going forward!

Sam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.