TPA3255 or TDA7498E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm planning on buying one of these 2 class D amps, since I need about 80 VRMS max output, and I'll be playing them for long periods of time. Looking at the data-sheet, it seems that the TPA3255 is better and more modern. But since there are a lot of people that knows a lot more than me about amps here, I wanted to know you guys opinion. I have those 3 options:

TDA7498E

1PC TDA7498E Digital Power Amplifi er Board 2 x160w High power S tereo BTL220W Mono Digital Po wer Amplifier Wholesale-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

TPA3255 Option 1

Class D TPA3255 MINI HIFI AUDIO Digital Amplifier Board 300W + 300W DC50V-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

TPA3255 Option 2

TPA3255 2x260 Watt Class D Audio Amplifier | eBay

Thanks a lot!!

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Both got way too small heatsinks for that power over an extended time. The first TPA3255 got the advantage of no need for any solder and it's only half the price. I can't see where the 2nd one should be worth that much more.

Nobody knows what's best for you if you don't say what you want to do with it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.