Opinions on Sure JAB2 TPA3118/TPA3116 board amps with Bluetooth 4.0

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Sure Electronics are currently producing board amps in their JAB2 range using the TPA3118 and TPA3116 chips with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 including AUX line in and analogue volume pot capability. Available in 2x30W (AA-JA32472 with TPA3118) or 2x50W (AA-JA32171 with TPA3116 and heatsink)

Sure Electronics' webstore JAB (Portable Bluetooth Speaker)

Has anyone tried one of these boards? How is the SQ, noise, interference, etc.? I'm looking to use one instead of separate BT receiver, source selector, level control and D-amp.

Having the Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X should give decent SQ over Bluetooth, and the volume pot (available as an add-on with the cable bundle) is there for easy aux-in level control.

They seem to be available from Parts Express under a "Wondom" sub-brand as well as direct from Sure's site and via their eBay store.

Any opinions welcomed!
Rob

i keenly looked at these all in one boards but it seams they don’t use tpa3116/8. i think i found somewhere that it said or some sort of indication, maybe by jugging by the heatsinks used (?), i forget now.

looks like they use sure’s own brand of 50w amp IC which is not at all as good as the tpa3116/8.

Sure's product pages describe the 50W/channel board as a TPA3116, and the 30w/channel board as a TPA3118. The TI logo and part number is visible in product photos of the TPA3118 boards. The listing for the 15w/channel board, which Sure says is a TPA3110, shows a TPA3110 chip.

Is there actual evidence that Sure is shipping something different?

Sure's product pages describe the 50W/channel board as a TPA3116, and the 30w/channel board as a TPA3118. The TI logo and part number is visible in product photos of the TPA3118 boards. The listing for the 15w/channel board, which Sure says is a TPA3110, shows a TPA3110 chip.

Is there actual evidence that Sure is shipping something different?
they only mention the amp IC module number in the web page title tag. i cant find it anywhere in the description. the photos in the top are too pixelated to see but the ones in the description seam to clear enough to see, so looks like your right :)
thanks, looks like i can buy one after all :D!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.