TDA2030A Tiny Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had not seen any threads or posts about this little amp. I was originally browsing the TDA8932 mono amp that people seem to have a good opinion of, and I stumbled across this. Appears to be similar, but even smaller! Only one way to find out, so I ordered a pair to see how they sound. Will let you all know in a few weeks. Even if it is only half decent, I can see a lot of uses due to the size.

35W High Power Mini HiFi Mono Digital Amplifier Board Ultra Low Power TDA2030A | eBay

That's not a TDA2030A - they seem to use that part number to attract searches to their offering. Certainly it works well as a replacement for TDA2030A in my active speakers. Its using TDA8932BT - I have several of these, I like them because the relatively poor measuring SMT electrolytic can be replaced with a much better through-hole cap. The holes are provided.

Originally when I first saw this board they were scratching off the markings of the TDA chip and the price was significantly higher. Now there are competitors they no longer bother to erase the chip's identity and the price has dropped. Still though they are marketing it with 'TDA2030A' in the title.

Here's what it looked like when I first discovered it - back in June 2014 : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/35w-...2030a-high-fidelity-low-power/1156114449.html

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Besides tiny size (now it's getting ridiculous as the Sanwu 8933 was already small) - Is there any advantage of this arrangement vs the other Sanwu 8932? The other one has many small electrolytic caps in parallel so I think it may have and edge on low ESR and hence better snappy bass response.

I have been listening to the Sanwu 8932 mono board and really like its sound - it's one of the best out there if you stay under 10watts. Very authoritative bass - might even have an edge over the 3118 PBTL monoblock bass wise.

Last edited:
Only advantage I can really see is the size, although since it evidently has through hole mounting for the capacitor, that could be an advantage also, assuming more z height is acceptable in your project. I got both the Sanwu 8932 and this tiny board, so I will compare them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.