Topping TP60 mod (new version)

I bought a tp60 with a broken attenuator and missing knob.

I seen your posting so I just yesterday bought a 21 step SMD stepped attenuator that is D shaped from EBay. I plan to replace the original pot with it. I do not know what the original knob dimensions are or if I can find a used one or even if I can buy a new one.
I am looking for suggestions... please help.

decent amp indeed, i have a 2014 version, for my floostanding speaker
love this amp. i have a concern though, when i turn it on, there is some weird noises coming from it, like an old pc fan, keeer....keeer, just about a few second, then it's gone
and the amp reach warm temperature pretty quick, i own TP22 before it, it have much lower temps, i don't know maybe because the lower power output??
i would like to do a mod too for my TP60, but i'm afraid my lack of skill will ruin it

Auricap XO

Hey OP! Thorough mod, I was unsure whether to pull the trigger on a TP60 and this thread was the deciding factor. I want to swap the caps out for the same Auricap XO. I'm great at soldering, but don't know much about uf etc. Can you tell me which model Auricap XO you got that fit so tightly?

Thanks!

- Replace input caps with Auricap Xo
A bit difficult to fit. You can nottice the size difference! Great sounding cap IMO.:D

Gg

i accidentally got 400v auricaps, does that matter? also how do you hook them up because im really confused, they have two wires on each side and the origional topping caps dont have a positive or negative on it. im afraid i will mess it all up.

auricaps

how do you install these caps? the origional topping caps dont have a negative and positive, also i accidentally got 400vdc, will it have any affect compared to a 200v? or does that mean it can just take more volts? and i also got a letter saying "normally, the outside foil is connected to the shorter or black lead . however, for the capacitors in this bag please not that the lead connected to the outside foil is noted by an 0 as shown. the 0 is on the red side of the cables and the cables have a black mark on them.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
ggmesquita hasn't been around for over 12 months.

400 volt caps simply mean they can withstand that voltage... they are a higher voltage part.

Foil caps like these are non polarised, they can connect either way around. In some circumstances a designer may use the outer foil layer connection to create a shield and reduce noise/hash pickup being induced into the cap. The foil terminal would normally go to the lowest impedance point of the two in that case.

Hi everybody!
my mod coupling capacitor with 2 superior z cap jantzen audio.
I put the tension regulators not on the heat sink but on the bottom of the housing.
the two output inductances were replaced by two 7443631000, Würth Elektronik.
a clear change in change.
I upload pictures on demand.

Hi amigos,

I just got this awesome amplifier and got some very great results.
Can someone tell me the difference between these 3 different versions ? :

the first picture = mine

IMG-20200305-112217.jpg

HTB1fR0rJVXXXXbbaXXXq6xXFXXXz.jpg

ToppingTP60insides.jpg

Last edited:
If I recall thats the older version of the amp...

This is the current version

V1 is on the bottom and V2 is the top one... YouTube

I saw this video... but seems my version is between both lol :confused:
As you can see,, mine (first picture) is using Nichicon caps but those caps are not aligned..... weird )

V1 : is using blue FM Caps
V2 : is using Nichicon Caps
MY version : is using Nichicon Caps but same front panel as V1