TOPPING TP20 vs TP21

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I've been away for awhile, I'm back now looking for more Class T amps.

I'd like to say hi to everyone that I've known here in the past! Yes, I'm still mostly listening to the Sansui 8900ZDB, but I also play the Hlly TAMP 90, Charlize, Trends, HLLY TAMP 20. I saw this one on ebay. It might be worth the $69?

Topping TP21 TA2021 Tripath Digital Audio Amplifier Amp - eBay (item 170529717819 end time Sep-18-10 20:44:37 PDT)

I'm not familar with the 2021 chip, and I would also like to have someone evaluate the componets in this little amp. It appears to have some upgrades, any comments would be appreciated on the possible sound quality. Thanks!

I'm really looking at the Sure 4x100W @ 4 Ohm TK2050 Class-D Audio Amplifier Board, because I REALLY like playing my four speakers (Paradigm Monitor 3's & Difinitive Technology DR7's) at the same time with the Sansui 8900ZDB. I'd like to do that with a more powerful Class T Amp, would this amp allow for two pairs of front speakers to play at the same time? It seems like it should, Thanks!

Sure 4x100W @ 4 Ohm TK2050 Class-D Audio Amplifier Board | Parts-Express.com . I've seen it on ebay also (paypal)

Back from the dead...

I've noticed the Topping TP21 with headphone output and TA2021 chip going for less than Topping TP20 with TA2020 chip and no headphone out.

Other than the substandard headphone output, is there any reason to prefer the TP20 with TA2020 over the TP21?

Is the TP21 just a worse implementation of a Tripath amp than TP20, or is TA2020 chip somehow superior to TA2021?

Thank to anyone who cares to reply.

--

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.