• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Size of chipamp.com LM3886 Stereo Kit PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello diyaudio.com community,

I purchased a kit from chipamp.com recently and I want to start building the enclosure while the packet is traveling around the world.

Can someone tell me the size of the fully populated amplifier pcb? And does someone know which height it has when it's populated?

Thanks in advance,

~Flo

I did similar last year.
Planned as an Xmas present. Apologised gave alternative and delayed till Feb Birthday. Delayed and apologised again. Finally delivered April.
She loves it, but it took a lot longer than I planned.

My usual time line when in industry. Guess how long it will take and double it.
Eventually everyone learns I take twice as long as that doubled estimate.
I still work to that rule, think of a time and quadruple it.

I agree with Jim....

So many times I have built a Chassis then have something unexpected come up in the building of the circuit that causes me to have to change the dimentions or layout of my chassis which in the end causes the project to take longer and cost more money than it should ......

Cheers

Allow for the intrusions created by the chassis hardware.
Allow for the transformer.
Allow for the PSU (rectifier and smoothing).
Allow for cable connectors.
Allow for the heatsink/s
Allow for the amp PCB/s, the decoupling electrolytics are likely to be the tallest item.

Note that the amp PCBs are only a small part of the whole contents.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.