Car audio amp, LOUD buzz. what is wrong?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an Alpine MRV-T320 amp for my front speakers. i took the amp out to put some fiberglass enclosures i made im my trunk and then i hooked the amp up again. this time it powers on but makes this loud buzzing sound on both speakers(its a 2 ch. amp), even with the RCAs disconnected and the gain all the way down on the amp. it sounds like that buzz sound when someone plugs/unplugs aa guitar from/to an amp without powering it off first. except that sound is constant.

any help is appreciated

it was both running and not running. i knew it wasnt the altenator noise at all. I took it apart, took the circuit board out and cleaned it off, there was a lot of dust and other junk on it. powered it on and it worked ok. i should have done that b4 i posted tho. im guessing something inside was shorting something to make that noise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.