My BGT-Clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well after reading so many posts here and getting inspired by everyones beautiful work, I decided to post my own clone. It is nothing fancy really, a dual LM3875 with panasonic 1% metal film resistors, and 1000uF FC caps. The transformer is a 160VA from Plitron, which has no trouble keeping up with the amps at higher than tolerable levels. The boards are my own version of BrianGT's LM3875's (hence the BGT-Clone).

The chassis is simply 1/2" baltic birch plywood with solid 3/4" black walnut sides. For a heatsink I used a piece of 1.5" aluminum angle attached to a cutdown heatsink from a long dead amp. The Faceplate is also cut down from the same old amp, but has been polished with a lot of elbow grease :dead:

The sound is very good, especially when compared to the other mass produced garbage that own/have owned. When I gave it the first audition my wife actually said "Is all that sound coming from just those two speakers!?" :D The midrange is excellent, very detailed, and the bass is firm and punchy, but not overly boomy...nice! I am in the works of replacing this with a parallel LM4780 5 channel HT amp :devilr: This little guy may go to my office with a small...but efficient...set of bookshelf speakers.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 594
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.