popcorn noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I made a 24db roll off LR lpf filter based on Rod's design. This is my first experiment on filters and it worked the very first time I powered it up!! But the issue is I am hearing lot of pop noise while the music is being played somewhat similar to popcorn bursting type noise. I couldnt figure out the reason.Can someone help me??

Issue 2:
I can hear music for some 10-15 sec after the amp is powered off!! It slowly fades down.I am sure this is in some way related to some capacitor. I think its PSU capacitor. I am I right??

I get the popping noise also but I discovered that it was from a lamp in another room on the same circuit being turned on and off so check to see whats on the same circuit. As for the music playing after you turned off your amp, thats the caps draining, all my amps do the same thing.

Bingo!

Budwiser your right!! I had plugged the amp and also the powersupply for the filter to the same spike buster. I removed the amp connection and gave it to a different socket then the sound ceased.

By the capcitor draining is highly irritating!! and also the turn on thump!

Budwiser and Nuuk thanks for the inputs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.