[Class H Amplifier] BRZhifi quick review amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi amigos,

Just want to share some pictures of my new toy )
I took some risk when buying this amplifier... but when I plugged it : wouaaaaaaaaaa ! I am am absolutely surprised how good this amplifier sounds for its price ! I come from Class D world... see my review about high end TPA3255 / 51 and other class D amplifier (Hypex NC250 / NC500MP) etc...

This amplifier blew me away regarding Medium and Tweeter :
reproduction of mid and high frequencies seem to be very very good.

VS my Hypex double Mono NCore : it is less present in the bass but the treble and mids are more forward, the notes in these frequencies are absolutely incredible

VS my high TPA3255 by DrMordor (with PFFB OPA1602) : the bass is also less indented and drier. As for the midrange and treble it is the same observation, excellent rendering, especially on plucked string instruments and cymbals.

This amplifier is absolutely dead silence and noiseless.
Really well made, seems solid. full alu case

Spec :
Toroidal PSU
EPCOS 5200uf caps / Nichicon
RSN312H24 audio Chip
THD : 0.01%
SNR : 100DB
70W / 8 ohms
Omron relay
CSR8675 BT Aptx HD
Alps potentiometer

IMG-20201009-190026.jpg

IMG-20201009-185914.jpg

IMG-20201009-185829.jpg

IMG-20201009-185848.jpg

IMG-20201009-185900.jpg

Last edited:
Very intersesting ! seems a class ab amp whith modulation of voltage.

Class H Amps
Class H - If an amplifier has more than one voltage (DC voltage delivered by the power supply), then it is referred to as Class H. This is a very efficient type of amplification. The output transistors of an amplifier must dissipate, in heat (Watt), the difference between the supply voltage and the voltage at the speaker terminals, multiplied by the current (as stated in Ohm's Law). In order, when there is a low supply voltage for use during low volume periods, and a high voltage for use during high volumes, the output transistors do not have to dissipate a lot of energy when the volume is low. This puts less energy on the power supply and allows the assemblies to be made very light. The downside is the distortion at mid-volume when the amplifier has to switch between the two (or more) supply voltages.

Very intersesting ! seems a class ab amp whith modulation of voltage.

Class H Amps
Class H - If an amplifier has more than one voltage (DC voltage delivered by the power supply), then it is referred to as Class H. This is a very efficient type of amplification. The output transistors of an amplifier must dissipate, in heat (Watt), the difference between the supply voltage and the voltage at the speaker terminals, multiplied by the current (as stated in Ohm's Law). In order, when there is a low supply voltage for use during low volume periods, and a high voltage for use during high volumes, the output transistors do not have to dissipate a lot of energy when the volume is low. This puts less energy on the power supply and allows the assemblies to be made very light. The downside is the distortion at mid-volume when the amplifier has to switch between the two (or more) supply voltages.

In term of sound signature it is between a MOS120 (for those who know) and a great class D amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.