Looking for the Circuit drawing of this LM4780 Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all,
I bought this LM4780 Board from a czech seller on ebay two years ago.
Unfortunately I do not have a circuit drawing or any naming on the board.
Maybe someone recognizes it and can send me the circuit drawing or tell
the brand?
Thanks a lot, all the best,
Salar

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 614
Hello,
many thanks to you both!
But I have already contacted the seller amplifi_07 before starting this thread
as he did not respond. So the board is from audiomodule.eu, many thanks for that.
On the wayback machine I only find the statistics of the site, no schematics.
Maybe someone here in the forium can still provide schematics and documentation.

Anothr question: What would be a sensible VA Power for this board? Space is limited,
would be a 150VA toroid sufficient, or even less?
All the best,
Salar

It is populated. But being a new on chipamps, I would like to get the documentation
of this board. It must be floating around as it was offered with the sale.
I got it via ebay messenger in 2016 but it was erased by ebay at some point.
Aparatusonitus, with 2x18VAC/150VA you mean a total of 300VA?
Shouldn´t be 2x18VAC/125VA / 250VA more than sufficient?
I love big toroids and a bit of overengeneering but this time, there is not so much space available...

I managed to get a couple of pages up on Wayback machine:

2x60W Amplifier with LM4780 | Audiomodule.eu

https://web.archive.org/web/2016110...nt/uploads/2015/04/lme4780_3.1_sm-268x268.jpg

Finally, you will need a dual unregulated DC power supply 2x35V driven by an 120-150VA transformer.

Haven't managed to find a schematic though.

2x18VAC/150VA trx should be sufficient for EACH board...after rectification and filtering you will get about +/-24DC.

I bought some boards recently that are marked as requiring 28VAC centre tapped which puts me in the region of +/-38VDC. Would that be too much for a LM4780? Seems to be on the upper end of the datasheet.

I must not be able to read the datasheet properly because as far as I can see, +-35v into 8 ohm is acceptible for the LM3886 and isn't the LM4780 just 2 LM3886 in one package?

So I don't get why I should "sell these and buy proper one(s)" based on the input voltage on the PCB being 28-0-28VAC :confused: Maybe the extra couple of volts is too much, even though it is below the supply limits? Instead of selling the boards can I not just dial the voltage down to ~35VDC?

I was thinking 24/25VAC (~32/34VDC) might be more appropriate for moving away from the +/-42VDC rail limits but I also don't see why the voltage would need to be as low as 18-0-18VAC (~24VDC).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.