DIY Audio Newbie - 1st build - Status: at the Edge of Heaven

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey people,

just a few words, because I 've got to tell this someone who knows what I'm talking about.
This is my first attempt in DIY Audio after years of building vintage PC's. I am far from finishing my active Speakers, but a few days ago I heard it for the first time. All six LM1875 + two TDA7293 are, controlled by EQ APO/ Peace, running and I am already at the gates of heaven.
The progress may be slow, because my budget is nearly 0 and I've got to learn everything electronics related from ground on, but its fun and I never thought the result could be this wonderful.

Most parts are used, and it looks a bit shabby, but thats ok, because I'm making mistakes here & there. The second speaker will be better, then I'll know how to make it right.

best regards
J.

Attachments

• BOX 01 groß 01.jpg
    BOX 01 groß 01.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 263
  • BOX 01 groß 03.jpg
    BOX 01 groß 03.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 3 Kisten 2.5 Wege groß. 02.jpg
    3 Kisten 2.5 Wege groß. 02.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 258
  • BOX 01 groß 07.jpg
    BOX 01 groß 07.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Klappkühler 1218 1000h 01.JPG
    Klappkühler 1218 1000h 01.JPG
    541.8 KB · Views: 245
I know what you mean - my favourite part of every build is the first music test.

Once I have gotten the sine wave testing over with and the amp is stable enough to put music through, I plug in one of my favourite tunes and just savour the experience of having brought the music to life from a pile of components filled with smoke ;)

..but its fun and I never thought the result could be this wonderful.
..looks a bit shabby, but thats ok, because I'm making mistakes here & there. The second speaker will be better..

Love your attitude! That's kinda the whole point of DIY that some people seem to miss.

:Pawprint:

Congratulations. This feeling of excitement from those small components producing wonderful music is unique. With experience this feeling of magic will be slowly replaced by the feeling of mastering electronics such that the magic-element is less but you can predict an outcome from changes in the design. That mastering state will save you from some frustrations in the beginner phase.

Keep up the spirit.

Greetings to Australia & France! Many Thanks for your kind Words.

I've read positive meanings about an external PSU for Xonar Essence Soundcards. My Xonar D2 also has an external Power Connector and so I made a small linear 5/12V PSU for it. Maybe it gives an Improvement, maybe not. I'll test it later.
Also I'm thinking about a Speaker Stand for my standing Speakers. Sounds a little weird, but in my Imagination the Speakers are hanging on Pieces of Bicycle Tubes completely decoupled from Ground about 10mm above the Floor.
I'll keep you informed.

Best Regards
J.

Attachments

• DC Xonar 5 12 1200w 01.JPG
    DC Xonar 5 12 1200w 01.JPG
    404.2 KB · Views: 140
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.