Need help with TDA7294

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The tda7294 it's like a big op-amp sorta, if I use it like a simple op amp amplifier working on single supply I think it will work right ?.
What about something like this ?.

Attachments

• tda2030singlesupply.PNG
    tda2030singlesupply.PNG
    41.4 KB · Views: 372
AC couple the input and output like you've shown and you should be good. If you look at most of the ancillary pins, they're all tied to the negative rail, which in your case will be ground. Be mindful your psu bypass, which should go rail to ground at the pins. Tomchr did a nice write up on taming the lm3886 in term of both bypass and laying out your ground. Those basic principles are useful for you as well.

It doesn't work , I think the tda7294's DC portection kicks in .
with single supply you have half of the voltage across the speaker terminal , before the capacitor, since the tda has dc protection for speakers it wont let dc out , so single supply doesnt work. ( at least this is what I think, I tried it now , and didnt worked, had no voltage across the speaker , no voltage before the capacitor )

What Mark said.
TDA7294 does not have speaker DC protection.

Although it certainly can be done, it won´t be easy or straightforward, the problem being that both mute and standby require some +3.5V to enable amplifier, big problem is that they must be must be 3.5V above "mute ground".

Easy on a split supply amp, where mute ground is plain ground, not so on a single supply amp where I guess mute ground "should" be 1/2 Vcc and enabling voltages some 3.5V above that.
No doubt some artificial/floating reference ground can be generated , I´m quite certain I can do that, but it requires hands-on experimenting with the chipamp plugged into a Protoboard on my bench.
Not sure it can help you, I guess you need a "do this and that" kind of answer, so not sure you can us those chipamps today.
IF someday I do that test, I will be glad to post results here, of course.

In any case, you coud get 1 or 2 TDA2030/2050 or LM1875 which are dirt cheap and *happy* with +24V single supply, offering some 12/15W into 4 ohms (TDA7294 would give you same or less) , and save the big boys for future, split supply, higher power use.

My apologies, if you look at the DS, tying the mute and stdby pins to VCC will turn the sucker on. Likewise, the only pin tied to "ground" is the stdby ground pin. You could easily devise a divider between VCC and ground to supply the necessary 3.5 mA of current there.

Can you explain please how to do that?
my pc doesn't use stand-by or mute at all , they are tied on the vcc+ and it works as soon as it gets power ( USED TO work , with +- 20v tried it a long time ago ) they are mono kits that I have ( 4 us $ for the chip , and 6 $ with the pcb )

Well, That battery its pretty dead,only lasts for 15 mins or so( on low power ). I'm planing to buy ( 12v 12Ah computer PSU lead acid battery ).
Fianlly I have used an SMPS from a car amplifier , it outputs +-22v , perfect for the TDA's. It constantly draws 200-250mA , and one TDA with 4 ohm speaker , around 7-8V output ( 15w or so) It draws maximum 2Amps, mostly It draws 1.5amp at the level I listen ( tried it on a pc psu ) , so The 12ah 12v battery would last teoretically 6 hours at 2amp consumption ? . THanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.