Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

PAM8403 Double Track Power Amplifier Module Volume Adjustment
PAM8403 Double Track Power Amplifier Module Volume Adjustment
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th January 2014, 07:22 AM   #1
punchy is offline punchy  United States
diyAudio Member

Default PAM8403 Double Track Power Amplifier Module Volume Adjustment

I bought this chip to install in mt bluetooth integrated motorcycle helmet because the volume is so low I can't hear anyone when they call me while wearing my helmet. It didn't come with a wiring diagram obviously bc they had no idea what I was going to use it for. Can anyone help me out?
Old 28th January 2014, 05:08 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I bought this chip to install in my Bluetooth integrated motorcycle helmet because the volume is so low I can't hear anyone when they call me while wearing my helmet. It didn't come with a wiring diagram obviously bc they had no idea what I was going to use it for. Can anyone help me out? I have added some pics of exactly what I am trying to do so hopefully the visual stimulation will get someone interested in helping me out with this. Since the integrated Bluetooth chip already in the helmet is difficult to read I made an photo image replicating what the leads say on the chip that the wires are connected to. Hope this helps to help myself...lol. I also found a PDF sheet on the PAM 8403 which I uploaded also but I can't make any sense out of it. I am not an electrician but can figure it out if I just get pointed in the right direction. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (49.3 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (59.2 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (124.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (105.1 KB, 108 views)
File Type: png bluetooth wiring diagram.png (27.6 KB, 108 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PAM8403.pdf (375.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 28th January 2014, 05:40 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I uploaded a couple more pics to hopefully put the pieces of the puzzle together.
Attached Images
File Type: png pam8403 WIRING DIAGRAM.png (31.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 22.JPG (118.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 28th January 2014, 05:46 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Basically my question is how do I splice the PAM8403 chip into the existing wiring configuration. I know the 4 pins L-L+R+R- go to their respective speaker but the rest I don't know what goes to what if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png bluetooth wiring diagram.png (37.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: png pam8403 WIRING DIAGRAM.png (45.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 22.JPG (109.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 28th January 2014, 06:16 PM   #5
Mihkus is offline Mihkus  Estonia
diyAudio Member

Wheres the question?
in R GND in L are your inputs.

Vcc is your supply... what are you going to use? Id use 3 AA's

I dont know about those ... weird ones

Just leave them try how it sounds if it doesnt then smack those "on-off" and "mute" pins and see what happends... If this PCB had circuit it would be easy to help ..

Most of those options can be left out I belive... They might be controllable by a microprocressor that switches devices on and off, increases volume and so on.. like one of those mp3 players.
So its like a small developement kit for this amp with all its "Special effects!"

Last edited by Mihkus; 28th January 2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Me learn english? Thats impossible.
Old 28th January 2014, 07:42 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

This is what I got figured out so far. I don't know if the mic has to be wired in there or not. That seemed to be fine bc they could hear me fine when I used it. I don't know what else goes to what or if there needs to be anything else hooked up idk.
Attached Images
File Type: png 33.png (84.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 28th January 2014, 07:45 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I am trying to find out what Key1, Key2, Blue, Red pins on the bluetooth chip are for bc I need to hook them up to INL. INR but don't know which onesd top hook them up to. Also where is the ground on the bluetooth chip?
Old 28th January 2014, 08:00 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (7.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 56.jpg (6.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 28th January 2014, 11:43 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I uploaded a pic of how I wired it. I pulled everything out of the helmet so I was able to trace the wires to each speaker and splice into them. The Bluetooth turns on correctly and pairs with my iPhone but the only thing that comes out of the speakers in a little bit of crackling when I turn the Bluetooth on and off. Nothing else. What did I do wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: png 33.png (104.7 KB, 36 views)

PAM8403 Double Track Power Amplifier Module Volume AdjustmentHide this!Advertise here!