Trying to improve on an Input Chooser concept

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Input selector add on for a single input GC amp

Here's my idea of an improved Input Chooser. I call it a Switching Bar ;)

Attachments

• i0.jpg
    i0.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,340
Very nice Peter. I had a similar idea myself recently, though it was just multiple interconnects with a rotary switch before the amp inputs (a bit shabby in truth). The concept is nice because it keeps extra switches and knobs outside of small amp cases.

For those who worry (or use fat cables) an extra wooden support under the bar can be used. I broke few of those RCA'a before, so I know they can carry the load;)

They may sound different under more stress as well, but I wouldn't worry about it. I use a single input on my amp anyway. I believe that elimination of additional interconnect is of most importance here.

Thinking about it, dosent look like any advantage to individual switches.I use hammond alum cabs and i just have the longer one in the middle and mono blocks on the ends which are the same height and depth but smaller width.The center has the pre and channel selector.
ron

Man, you audiophiles sure are a lazy lot. :)

Look at the extra connectors, contacts, solder joints and leads you're adding to the mix here for purely for the sake of convenience and saving a couple of seconds switching sources.

Just make a little rack that holds the business ends of your source component's cables. Remember the old operator switchboards? Same concept.

Looks great though, Peter! As usual. :)

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.