Old salvaged chip amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I'm not really good with audio electronics yet and I happened to come across an old chip amp from Sanyo: LA4705. http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/sanyo/ds_pdf_e/LA4705.pdf

I have two 4ohm 20W speakers, and wanted to make an amplifier for them (general use, mostly studying guitar) and wanted it as mono. I could reach a total of 40W with these, right?

It seems, from the datasheet, that each channel has an inverting and a non-inverting output. If I use the same input at both channels and the inverting output from one, and the non-inverting from the other to connect the speakers, will it work like bridged, with something around 30W at 13.2V?

Thanks, and sorry for all those questions.

The "inverting and noninverting" outputs means that each channel is already bridged. You won't gain anything by using both channels "bridged," in fact you'd only have the power output of one channel.

For mono, your best bet is to connect the inverting and noninverting output of each amp to one of the speakers, just as you would for stereo and as shown on the third page of that datasheet, and drive both inputs with the same signal (keeping both of the capacitors shown at the inputs).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.